Thursday, December 2, 2010

Frustration.

So I haven't actually written anything for a while, or posted many pictures...
In all honesty, my cameras and I haven't been too friendly with each other of late.
I moved into a new apartment over the weekend. Am now proud to say I live just a block off Whyte, which will make things immensely easier.

Other than that, I've hit a motivational slump. Any shoot ideas I've had have been far too fussy, at least in my mind. The idea of coordinating a team, locations, all that delightful, stressful stuff has been bursting the idea bulbs above my head, and I've opted to simply not.

I miss natural light, unfussy, fun affairs.
This, I have decided, is unacceptable. So today I revisited my first (more serious) form of photographic play and, once again, turned my camera on myself for some self-portraits.
It was simple. I was here, I had some things to toy with, and I had all the time I needed.
A while back I was gifted a super nifty, super 8 camera, with projector, projection screen, and all (thanks lovely boyfriend!). Though I haven't had time or funding to get the batteries and film sorted, I decided to get the projector and screen out today and play with just the light of it.
Simple, fun.



They aren't amazing, but they're something, right?

I need to start taking some shoots less seriously and let myself remember how much I love simply creating an image...even if it is just me playing the character I have in mind.

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...